Need to Recover Your Skype Password?
If you lost or forgot your Skype password, you can easily recover it by following these steps:
- If you have problems signing in navigate to Skype’s account recovery page: https://login.skype.com/recovery.
- Enter the email address that you used to create your account right below where it says “Registered Email” and click “Continue”.
- Go to your mail inbox to retrieve the recovery code that will be automatically sent to you.
- Login to your Skype account.
- Navigate to ‘account settings’ and select the password options tab.
- Create a new password.
After changing your password you will be automatically logged out of all devices.
If you don’t have access to the email account that you used to sign up for your Skype account, then you will have to follow the instructions on the password recovery page of your email provider to regain access to your account. Or, you can find out how to contact Skype customer service on this page in order to ask them for help.
The previous instructions are for users who usually sign in with a Skype Name. If you normally access Skype using your Facebook login details or a Microsoft account and you forgot your password, go to the I’ve forgotten my username or password page, select the option that best fits you, and follow the provided instructions.