Hey what’s up guys! Today I’m going to show you how to delete your Lyft account in the easiest possible way, and in the fastest possible time.
Getting rid of your Lyft account can be a little bit tricky though, because this particular company does not offer a deletion link or button.
And what’s worse is that the account won’t get cancelled immediately, because neither the site nor the app provide an option that takes care of this automatically.
Instead, they tell you to do this:
So you go to Lyft.com and click on the “Contact Support” button, then you have to fill out a form in order to submit a request to get your account closed.
Sounds easy, right? It might sound like it, but for most it isn’t, in fact, it can be a little bit confusing, and sometimes maybe even difficult to accomplish.
I think that the problem is that there’s no guidance on their site or app on how to properly submit a request to get your account permanently terminated.
There aren’t any drop-down menus that allow you to select or specify what you want to do, they also don’t tell you what type of information you need to include in your message or anything like that.
They just give you a form to fill out, and then you have to figure out the rest all by yourself.
When you arrive on the account deletion page, you are greeted with a message that on the surface sounds great, it says:
“We’re sad to see you go. Tap ‘Contact Support’ to delete your account.”
But they don’t tell you anything else, no instructions whatsoever, I think they should at least tell you what the submission requirements are, don’t you think?
Fortunately, that’s what I’m here for, to guide you and help you overcome any obstacles or doubts you might have. I will show you exactly what you need to do to make the account termination process a whole lot FASTER! And effective too.
Just follow the steps below and you’ll be set. Just a word of warning, if you don’t follow these steps to the tee, you’ll probably end up exchanging a stream of endless messages with Lyft customer service representatives.
And that is exactly what you don’t want to do, because that’s how you end up wasting a lot of your valuable time.
How to Delete Your Lyft Account
- Go to this page, click on the “Contact Support” button in the center of the screen, and then fill out the form.
- In the first field, enter the email address that you used to sign up for your account.
- Enter ‘Please Delete my Account’ in the “Subject” field.
- Enter the phone number of the mobile phone you use to access your account on the Lyft app.
- Select Passenger, Driver or Applicant from the drop-down menu that says “I am a(n)…*”.
- Add additional details in the “Additional Details” box if needed.
- Click on the “Add File” link located under the ‘Attachments’ heading, and then upload a copy of your driver’s license if you’re a driver, or a photo ID if you’re a passenger.
- Click the check box “I’m not a robot” located under the “Please verify that you are human*” heading to prove that you are a real human being.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- And now simply wait for a reply from customer service via email confirming that your account has been deleted. So don’t forget to constantly check your inbox for that confirmation email.
That’s all you need to do to delete your Lyft account. Unlike other sites and services that allow you to cancel right away automatically, Lyft takes a different approach to handle this process.
The only advice I can give you is to be patient, because at some point you’ll receive that confirmation email letting you know that your account has been successfully terminated for good. Permanently closed!
If you found this post useful please share it with your family and friends on your favorite social networks, we would really appreciate it.