I’m sure most of you already noticed that the Tumblr team recently updated and redesigned the whole website to make it look better, as well as more useful.
Now Tumblr.com offers more tools to help users make more powerful posts, for example, videos and images can go anywhere, the text looks awesome on both mobile and desktop/laptop computers, posts get published exactly how they looked in your dashboard, and soon you’ll even be able to write more than just text.
However, despite the fact that the site has definitely improved a lot after the update, some users have had problems performing more simple tasks within their accounts such as logging out, because the log-out link was moved to a less visible area, thus making it harder to find. So just follow these steps if you are also having problems signing out of your account:
How to Logout of your Tumblr Account
This information is for those of you who are trying to sign out of Tumblr.com on desktop and laptop computers such as PC or Mac through any web browser, including Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, etc.
- Go to Tumblr.com.
- Click on the person icon on the upper right corner of your dashboard.
- And now click on the “Log out” link at the top right of drop down menu that will be automatically displayed as soon as you click on the person icon that I mentioned in the previous step.
How to Sign out of Tumblr on the Mobile App
This information if for users trying to log out of their Tumblr account via the mobile app. The steps below can be followed by everyone, including Android, iOS (iPhone and iPad), and Windows Phone users.
- Launch Tumblr’s mobile app on your device.
- Navigate to the account screen.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap “Logout”.