If you’re tired of using Spotify’s online music streaming service, then now is probably the right time to close your account permanently. Deleting a Spotify account used to be complicated, but now it’s a whole lot easier, because you can simply use the contact form instead of sending an account termination request via email, which is a more time consuming process that takes time to get through.
How to Delete Your Spotify Account
- Go to Spotify.com.
- Log in to your account using your username and password.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on “About”.
- Then click on the “Contact Form” link that you’ll find under the “Customer Service and Support” area.
- Select “Removing/Cancelling Spotify” from the drop down menu.
- Now select “Delete/Close My Spotify account” from the second drop down menu.
- Select the option that best fits from the third drop down menu.
- Enter your question or request in the box at the bottom (don’t forget to explain why you want to close your account and also provide as much information as possible about your account).
- Click on the “Send Question” button and then wait a couple of days until your account is totally removed from the system.
Additionally, you can write an email to email@example.com and ask them to delete the account. If you decide to go down this route, don’t forget to include crucial and important information such as your username, password, date of birth, and location, otherwise they won’t be able to help you out.
If you signed up for Spotify with Facebook, then go to your Facebook account settings page and remove, revoke, or cancel access from Spotify, or they will still be able to access your personal information through Facebook.com.