Maybe you want to delete your Facebook account because you’ve come the conclusion that you are wasting too much valuable time in the world’s biggest social media site, or maybe you just want to close your Facebook.com account because you another one that you like better. The reason doesn’t really matter, what matters is that you can easily get rid of your account for good whenever you want by following these steps:
How to Delete your Facebook Account Permanently
- Go to Facebook.com
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the arrow button in the upper right hand corner.
- Then click on the “Settings” link in the drop down menu.
- Click on the “Security” tab on the upper left side of the page.
- Click the edit link on the right side of the “Deactivate your account” option.
- Now click on the “Deactivate your account” located right above the close button.
- Explain why you are leaving the site.
- And then click on the blue “Deactivate” button.
Another way and probably a faster way to cancel your Facebook account permanently is by logging in to your account and then visiting this page https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, that is the direct cancellation link. Once you’re on the page, simply click on the “Delete my account” button to permanently delete your Facebook account.
After closing your account permanently you won’t be able to reactivate it or recover anything you’ve added, that’s why the company recommends to download a copy of your info from Facebook before moving on.