Before we move on, I think you should first know that account deletion is only supported in versions 1.4.4 and later. Also, Vine accounts can only be cancelled via the mobile app, you cannot delete your Vine account using a desktop or laptop computer.
If you’re ready to move, you can easily deactivate your account by following these steps:
How to Delete your Vine Account on Android
- Open the Vine app on your device and tap on the person icon to go to your profile.
- Go to settings by tapping on your profile picture
- Scroll down to the bottom of your screen and tap on “Deactivate Account”.
Delete your Vine Account from an iOS Device (iPhone/iPad)
- Launch Vine on your iOS device and go to your profile.
- Tap on the “Settings” button.
- Then tap on “Your Content”.
- And the last thing that you’ll need to do is tap on the “Deactivate Account” option located at the bottom of your screen.
After cancelling your Vine account, both your profile and content will be hidden for a period of 30 days, you can quickly reactivate your account by logging in at any time within that 30 day time frame. However, if you do not log in to your Vine account for more than 30 days after deactivating it, it will be permanently deleted and you won’t be able to get it back ever again, which means that it will be gone for good and you’ll lose all the information associated with that account.