Closing your LinkedIn account is actually very easy, once you’ve canceled your profile nobody will be able to access your information through the site.
Also, if you have a Premium account, you have the option to cancel Premium Access and keep your free basic account at the same time in order to continue using your profile, access your connections, and other information that’s probably very important to you, according to LinkedIn’s Help Center.
How to Delete Your LinkedIn Account
- Go to the Privacy and Settings page and login to your account if you haven’t already.
- Hover your cursor over your profile picture at the top right corner of your account’s homepage.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings”.
- Click on the “Account” tab located on the bottom left side of your screen.
- Look for the helpful links section and click on the “Close your account” link as soon as you see it. However, if you’re already logged in simply click on the account termination link to make the entire process a whole lot quicker: https://www.linkedin.com/secure/settings?closemyaccountstart=
Keep in mind that once you delete your LinkedIn.com account permanently you won’t be able to access your connections or any other information you’ve added to your account anymore, you will lose all recommendations and endorsements, and your profile won’t be visible on the site.
Another piece of advice that I have for you is to remove third-party logins if you signed for LinkedIn through other services such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, etc. Simply go to those sites, log in to your account with your username and password, and then revoke or remove all access from LinkedIn.com.